Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. EdmundsHours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week but some flexibility required)Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour How Action for...
Perm, Full-Time (37 hours a week) £25,600 per annum
We are looking for a Team Leader at our Pastens home, we work within our three specialist houses that cater for Young People between the ages of 8 and 19 years. We offer long term care to the residents, we provide a caring, stimulating and enriched living space for the children & young people in our care.
Our young people have, complex health needs and challenging behaviour, two of our houses are for children with complex needs. Our third House is for residents with complex medical needs. We have a sensory room and specialised access and equipment to support the residents. Many of children and young people are on the Autistic Spectrum Continuum, and most of the residents are non-verbal. We have excellent strategies in place to communicate with them in a way that they can access.
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
About the role:
You will lead a team of residential workers, managing rotas and holiday cover, sickness and absence.
Ensuring that all safeguarding policies are followed and being a point of escalation for staff with concerns about the welfare of a young person. You will oversee policies and implement best practice, in line with Ofsted requirements and standards. You will take the lead with complex cases and support your staff with their caseload management, making sure that the young people in our care are central to care planning and activities.
You will support the Registered Manager in ensuring that the working environment is a fun and happy place to be, with staff development a key priority for the delivery of services to our young people.
It's a vital part of the role, to ensure that the young people's voices are heard, responded too and respected at all times. That everything you and your team does is centred on their needs and enjoyment. You will help in assisting the young people in holidays and exciting educational and fun trips and activities.
What you'll need:
- A Level 3 or above qualification in Health and Social Care or equivalent. If you do not have this please still apply, we can support you to achieve this qualification.
- Registration with the required bodies
- Experience of working with young people with disabilities or behavioural problems
- Previous Leadership or staff supervision responsibilities
- The ability to build genuine and support relationships with young people
- It would be great if you have a driving licence but this is not essential
- Ability to be flexible on call shift at least once a week.
Flexibility to work on a shift rota basis, including weekend and bank holidays. Shift pattern is between 07:00 - 15:00 or 14:00 - 21:00. On call may be required of 16.00-23.00 which will be at least once a week.
How we reward you:
- Paid holiday allowance- min 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions, which includes a death in service benefit.
For more information please call Izabela on 07741 742775 and quote reference number 0400.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.