Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. EdmundsHours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week but some flexibility required)Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour How Action for...
Location: Oxted, Surrey Job type: Permanent, Full-Time (Working 37 hours a week) Salary: Circa £23,600 per annum
How we work:
"In a world where one thing often leads to something worse, we prove how we can lead to something much better." - Action for Children Leadership Team
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families. Located in the Surrey countryside Pastens Residential Children's Centre is seeking to add to their team a permanent, Residential Worker.
Our team provides care for young people with profound and multiple disabilities, including communication difficulties, sensory impairment, complex health needs and challenging behaviour. We support young people between the ages of 5-19 years to make choices and by developing life skills such as, personal care, cooking and communication.
How you'll make a difference:
You will be part of a team who provide individual support and effective communication with the young people and their families. You and the team will achieve this together:
- By working with a key child or young person on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis. Helping them to achieve the best outcomes possible
- By planning and taking part in a full activities programme, these can include individual and group activities and will be part of the young person's social and educational enrichment.
- By conducting new resident's assessments, reviews and continuous ongoing assessment to support them achieve their outcomes.
- By care planning with the young people, their families and other agencies involved in their care
- By undertaking house duties, such as cooking meals for the residents, tidying and teaching life skills continuously to the children and young people
- By undertaking personal care and dispensing medication as needed
- By supervising the Assistant Residential Workers in your house
- By working within the regulations that govern residential care for young people
What you'll need:
- Commitment to work on a shift rota pattern, shifts are on a rota basis but will be between the hours of 07:00 and 21:00
- Diploma (formerly known as NVQ) Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent. If you do not have this please still apply, we can support you to achieve this qualification. There is a requirement to complete this within 18 months of joining our team
- To have had past experience of working with young people who have disabilities or behavioural needs
- Be able to use MS Office for recording case notes
- It would be great if you have a driving licence or a mini bus license but this is not essential
How we reward you:
- Paid holiday allowance- min 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions, which includes a death in service benefit.
For more information please call Izabela on 07741 742775 and quote reference number 0401.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.