Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. EdmundsHours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week but some flexibility required)Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour How Action for...
Oxted, Surrey Perm, Full-Time (Working 37 hours a week)£20,600 per annum
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families. Located in the Surrey countryside Pastens Residential Children's Centre is seeking to add to our team a full-time 37 hour Assistant Residential Worker.
Our team provides care for young people with profound and multiple disabilities, including communication difficulties, sensory impairment, complex health needs and challenging behaviour. We support young people between the ages of 5-19 years to make choices and by developing life skills such as, personal care, cooking and communication.
How you'll make a difference:
- You will be part of a team who provide individual support and effective communication with the young people and their families. You and the team will achieve this together.
- By proving person centred care that supports agreed outcomes as directed by their individual care plan and contributing to the development of these plans.
- By supporting the children and young people with their personal care, administrating their medication and clinical procedures in line with our policies and procedures.
- By supporting the children & young people to access a range of fun, stimulating, educational and beneficial activities both inside the centre and externally.
- By working with your colleagues to undertake a routine household tasks such as shopping, cooking, washing up and general tidying. Supporting the children and young people to also undertake these task as well.
- By helping the children and young people with their communication skills with each other as well as helping them to learn how to interact with others in a safe and positive way.
- By observing and recording how the children and young people interact and contributing to their individual reports.
What you'll need:
- Commitment to work on a shift rota pattern.
- Diploma (formerly known as NVQ) Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent. If you do not have this please still apply, we can support you to achieve this qualification.
- To have had past experience of working with young people who have disabilities or behavioural needs
- Be able to use MS Office for recording case notes
- It would be great if you have a driving licence or a mini bus license but this is not essential
How we reward you:
- Paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions, which includes a death in service benefit.
For more information please call Izabela on 07741 742775 and quote reference number 0402.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.