Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. EdmundsHours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week but some flexibility required)Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour How Action for...
Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. Edmunds
Hours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week - but some flexibility required)
Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK.
Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
At RAF Honington, Airplay youth workers are working in partnership with RAF Community Development staff to deliver a range of activities for children and young people.
The initiative is designed to help relieve some of the pressure on highly stretched RAF families.
Activities provided through the Airplay programme aim to stimulate and nurture children's aspiration, ambition and resilience and provide vital support and reassurance to families.
As an Airplay Sessional Youth Worker you will support the service we provide to children and young people by:
- Providing innovative and exciting youth and play work to young people aged 8 to 18.
- Working alongside our RAF colleagues to support children and young people from the RAF community.
- Supporting young people through various stages of their lives.
- Being part of a much loved project across the entire RAF.
What you'll need:
- A level 2 (or above) qualification in Youth Work, or a willingness to complete the course.
- Previous experience of delivering a programme of activities with young people, both individually and in groups.
- The ability to plan, prepare and facilitate activities with young people
- An understanding of the values and principles underpinning youth work.
- An understanding of the issues involved in working with young people from military communities.
- The ability to drive is essential due to the remote nature of the service
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro-rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
- Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
To discuss the role or apply, please contact Ruksana Begum at Ruksana.Begum@actionforchildren.org.uk
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.