Senior Project Engineer Royston £39,000-£45,000Our client based in Royston, Herts is a world renowned employer with over 200 sites based globally. They are a FTSE...
England South (Travel Required)
IT Field Engineer £24,600 per annum 35 hours a week
12 month contract
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families. A fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Technology Department as an IT Field Engineer based in England North, travel will be required around Action for Children's sites in this geographical area. This is a new team and we're excited to get growing!
As the IT Field Engineer you will need to have working experience in a field based IT support role with a flexible can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to diagnose and solve complex IT issues. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout your geographical area providing face to face technical support including break fix, troubleshooting telephony and structured cabling issues, auditing, and managing the commissioning/decommissioning of local IT services and equipment.
This role includes the use of a company vehicle and access to our staff benefits scheme. You will be responsible for assessing local IT infrastructures working closely with commissioning authorities, partners and 3rd party suppliers identifying and provisioning suitable solutions to meet business requirements and provide basic training to staff on the ground. You will have an In-depth knowledge of supporting Windows/MS and cloud based products. Experience of working in the public/3rd sector would be beneficial but not essential.
How you'll make a difference:
- By representing a professional front facing service to Action for Children staff across all geographies and levels and in so doing, to promote the values of the brand.
- By providing basic user training / familiarisation as required.
- By maintaining professional development through research of recent and relevant developments in IT, and apply this knowledge to contribute to the continuous improvement of the IT department and the technology it supports.
- By developing and applying technical knowledge of Microsoft based infrastructure, and by being familiar with Action for Children's technical infrastructure and desktop environment.
What you'll need:
- Experience in a field based IT support role with exceptional customer service skills and expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving complex IT issues.
- Proficient technical knowledge of MS-Windows operating system, MS Office suite, Office 365, Azure and Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of provisioning and the application of Cat5/6 cabling and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Familiar with the use of Help desk systems such as Remedy Force.
How we reward you:
- Paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- Pension scheme
For more information on this opportunity please contact Izabela on Izabela.email@example.com and quote reference number 0572.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.