England South - Home based - Regular Travel is required as this is a Field based postIT Field Engineer Circa £24,600 per annum plus company vehicleWorking 35 hours a week 12 Month fixed-term contract
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families. A fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Technology Department as an IT Field Engineer based in England South. This role will require you to travel to sites across Action for Children's sites in the South of England.
As the IT Field Engineer you will need to have working experience in a field based IT support role with a flexible can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to diagnose and solve complex IT issues. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout your geographical area providing face to face technical support including break fix, troubleshooting telephony and structured cabling issues, auditing, and managing the commissioning/decommissioning of local IT services and equipment. You will be responsible for assessing local IT infrastructures working closely with commissioning authorities, partners and 3rd party suppliers identifying and provisioning suitable solutions to meet business requirements and provide basic training to staff on the ground.
How you'll make a difference:
- By representing a professional front facing service to Action for Children staff across all geographies and levels and in so doing, to promote the values of the brand.
- By taking responsibility for attending remote service sites and providing technical support.
- By attending site during project openings / closure to commission and de-commission centrally controlled IT equipment.
- By maintaining professional development through research of recent and relevant developments in IT, and apply this knowledge to contribute to the continuous improvement of the IT department and the technology it supports.
- By applying continuous improvements to service and processes, referring and discussing proposals with management prior to change.
- By developing and applying technical knowledge of Microsoft based infrastructure, and by being familiar with Action for Children's technical infrastructure and desktop environment.
What you'll need:
- Experience in a field based IT support role with exceptional customer service skills and expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving complex IT issues.
- Proficient technical knowledge of MS-Windows operating system, MS Office suite, Office 365, Azure and Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of provisioning and the application of Cat5/6 cabling and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Familiar with the use of Help desk systems such as Remedy Force.
- Full UK driving Licence.
How we reward you:
- Competitive salary - based on defined job roles and grades.
- Paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
For more information on this opportunity please contact Moni on 07741 742249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference number 0752.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.