Our client is a large infrastructure corporation based in Newport that is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the Finance Department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant to join a leading multinational.
The role supports key General Ledger activities in a Financial Accounting Shared Service Centre. The role is principally to support the General Ledger activities of the General ledger team.
This encompasses balance sheet reconciliation, Inter company reconciliation, and general ledger/journal posting tasks, and fixed assets support. It supports the General Ledger reconciliation and month end processes.
You will be in charge of:
- Monthly posting of large journals to SAP
- Perform checking of month end reconciliation process
- Perform nominated Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with R&D tax credit claim process
- Assist with monthly FACTS + reporting into the group.
- Administer the process to ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are performed for general ledger accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of inter company trading positions with each Airbus legal entity and some nominated Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Elements of the Client Fixed Assets process is covered
We are looking for someone educated to A level or degree, or AAT qualified- Experience in the Financial Accounting function in a large is preferred- The job holder must have a thorough grounding in book keeping, double entry and Financial Accounting principles- SAP experience is desirable
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.