A local establishment is looking for two recovery officers on a 3 month contract.PURPOSE OF POST:Working in the Debt recovery section dealing with the effective...
A local establishment is looking for two recovery officers on a 3 month contract.
PURPOSE OF POST:
Working in the Debt recovery section dealing with the effective recovery of debts to the Council and other organisations through Luton Traded Services including Council Tax, Business Rates, and Benefit overpayments.
- Process Council Tax, NNDR debt from the issue of summonses onwards, taking action to contact debtors and negotiate payment arrangements. Process benefit overpayments from issue of invoice onwards.
- Deal with correspondence ensuring debtors receive correct notice of any court action, adjournments and payment arrangements, other associated recovery procedures and any necessary revised bills.
- Assist with the mailing of local taxation bills, reminders and summonses. Deal with mailings of recovery letters and undertake tracing of absconding debtors and amend accounts accordingly.
- Select cases for enforcement agents or external bailiffs and monitor the progress of bailiff action including dealing with the returned enforcement agents/bailiff instructions progressing these to the next most appropriate stage of recovery.
- Process and monitor attachment of Earnings and Benefit. Process amendments including write offs, changes to payment arrangements and customer circumstances including changes to liabilities.
Demonstrable experience of working in a Local Taxation or a Debt collection environment.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.