Guidant are currently looking for experienced administrators who are able to start work immediately. The roles are based in Royston, Hertfordshire and are working standard...
3 months initially
Bedford Town Centre
A fantastic opportunity has risen for a bright and dedicated candidate to join the business support unit for a reputable local authority. The role is paying a highly competitive rate of up to £9 per hour on an initial 3 month temporary contract with possibility of extension. There can be room for development and progression with training and guidance offered throughout the assignment.
As a Business Support Officer, you'll be supporting the supporting the adult social care services team with administrative duties.
Your responsibilities include:
- To be the first point of contact for support, guidance and advice to social workers, team administrators, operational managers and care providers in relation to the BSU functions, referring as necessary to the Senior Business Support Officer.
- To input, maintain and reconcile financial records relating to all adult services care packages on the client database.
- To ensure information is recorded correctly and promptly to ensure accurate commitment & budget management reports and performance statistics are produced from Swift.
- To administer the four weekly payments run to all residential and nursing care providers, ensuring procedures are followed and that all payments are authorised and exported into the financial system (Agresso) within the correct timescales.
- To raise and amend purchase orders on Agresso for care services as necessary.
- To monitor and validate payment schedules returned by providers and to contact providers who do not respond within given timescales.
- To verify invoices in relation to care services, addressing queries with the provider and/or social work team as appropriate
What skills should you be bringing?
We are looking for an experienced administrator, preferably with previous invoicing or financial duties who is a fast learner and able to use a variety of IT systems. However, this is not essential.
- Able to retain information after being trained with legislation and policy.
- Multi-tasking abilities and prioritisation of workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills, such as Microsoft Office and a willing to learn new IT systems
- Good interpersonal skills able to relate to customers and staff at all levels as well as other external agency and appreciate the need for discretion/sensitivity at all times
- You should be pro-active, flexible, adaptive and with a 'solutions led' mind-set
This is an Administrator role in Bedford starting ASAP and looking to pay up to £9 per hour. If you have the relevant skills and experience, apply now!
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.