An international company is looking for a Payroll Specialist for 6-12 months. In this role, you will join the Global Accounting Operation team in Hatfield.The...
An international company is looking for a Payroll Specialist for 6-12 months. In this role, you will join the Global Accounting Operation team in Hatfield.
The role will involve the below key accountabilities:
To assist in the administration of the Payroll and reconciliation processes and related software system(s), primarily SAP. Maintaining and monitoring relevant records, producing standard letters, reports and related correspondence, checking outputs for validity - as required this may include support with: -
- All SAP payroll processing of reports and extract and interfacing routines
- Provide support in the reconciliation of Payroll GL accounts
- Understanding of PAYE and other statutory payments including the HMRC Real Time Information process, Salary Sacrifice Schemes
- Continual process improvement.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and changes in any/all legislation impacting payroll, and to operate within payroll industry accepted best practice standards at all times
- Support for identification and management of issues affecting SOX compliance
- Support End of Year activities, including P11ds, PSA, P60s and P35 returns as directed by the Payroll Manager
- Sorting/referencing incoming mail, both soft and hard formats
- Support with Key payroll metrics and cash flow data for the company
- GCSE / NVQ2 standard or equivalent
- Payroll Qualification is desirable but not essential
Experience and Qualities
- Experience in payroll or account reconciliation is preferred but not essential
- Irish payroll is desirable
- Operated at Supervisory level for 4-5 years in UK Payroll
- Understanding of PAYE and other statutory payments including Real Time Information (RTI), P11ds, PSA returns
- Knowledge of Pensions Auto Enrolment (PAE) process
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Systems experience, particularly SAP; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills; attention to detail and understanding the bigger picture.
- Change management and improvement driven.
- Building strong inter-departmental relationships; influencing skills.
- Flexibility and resilience within a structured time-pressured environment.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.