A global organisation is looking for an interim Senior Financial Accountant for 3 months, to assist with the year-end accounts and statutory accounts preparation.The role...
A global organisation is looking for an interim Senior Financial Accountant for 3 months, to assist with the year-end accounts and statutory accounts preparation.
The role is to manage the accounting and reporting of the group which include the monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, year-end financial reporting under both IFRS and UK GAAP and regulatory reporting. The individual in this role will be the main point of contact for all the financial reporting matters. The role also involve drafting Audit Committee papers relating to financial reporting.
Managing the time and expectation of Stakeholders and Senior Executives will be a primary focus as this role sits at the forefront of delivering the financial results on a periodic basis.
Managing and overseeing the team to achieve stretching goals and meet deadlines and at the same time minimising the risk of misstatement and inappropriate reporting. The person in role should be experienced in quickly establishing relationships and earning respect of the team.
- Accounting & Reporting - Managing the Group's Reporting activities associated with statutory, regulatory, investor reporting, management reporting and other financial reporting obligations, ensuring the integrity, quality and timeliness of reported results. This includes but is not limited to, month end, quarter end and year end accounts, bond issuance requirements, investor reports.
- Accountability of managing, development and coaching of the direct reports (2-3)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the business (eg: Tax, Treasury, Internal Control, FP&A, Regulatory team & Business partners) including Senior Executives and with relevant external parties including Auditors, Pension Fund Actuaries and Values.
- Audit Committee/Board - Preparation, review and submission of relevant accounting and reporting papers to the Audit Committee.
- Keep up to date with changes - Stay up-to-date of financial reporting changes and updates and keep the business (where necessary) informed of the impact of those changes.
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualified ACA or equivalent with extensive experience most recently in a senior finance position with in a Statutory Financial Reporting and Group Consolidation role
- Management & Statutory Financial Reporting and Group Consolidation.
- Knowledge and experience of Group Accounting and consolidation under complex company structures and multiple accounting standards; preferably within a high leveraged organisation or within the Aviation industry. Ability to understand complex business & contractual relationships and tax rules.
- Overall awareness and knowledge of the full ranges of financial transactions processing and accounting. For example - GL, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury accounting.
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of operational finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to details
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.