A local organisation are looking for a Recovery and Reconciliation Officer for an initial 3 months. The post holder will operate within defined procedures and...
A leading public service organisation are looking for a Rent and Service Charge Project Manager for an initial 3 month contract, with a view of extending to 6 months.
Purpose of the job
To lead on a full review of the rent and service charge setting for its supported housing and to develop a clear model and methodology for setting and reviewing rent and service charges, ensuring a full breakdown of charges and evidence base linked to the budget is produced for each property.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop a process and methodology for calculating rent and service charges for all of supported housing properties, based on actual costs and in line with housing benefit regulations.
- Establish rent and service charges, from an evidence based breakdown of housing costs for each properties based on budgeted and actual expenditure
- Provide technical support on all areas of rent and service charge accounting.
- Review and update rent and service charge setting policy and procedure ensuring it meets financial, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Build relationships with other internal teams to ensure the provision and receipt of information necessary to the effective setting and reviewing of rent and service charges.
- Apply knowledge in carrying out day to day duties, highlighting areas of concern or potential issues to the rent and service charge review project team and line manager.
- Manage and prioritise own workload on a day to day basis, ensuring all activities are completed to agreed timescales and requirements, including
- Providing detailed estimates of future costs as part of budget setting and as new schemes are acquired
- Calculating budgeted expenditure against those forecasted and or actual expenditure.
- Checking contracts and budgets against the allocation of costs to actual schemes
- Reviewing exceptions within schemes and resolving issues
- Ensuring that the processes for logging invoices, coding and apportionment of costs relating to service charges are correctly managed
- Production of regular rent and service charge accounts and statements
- You will be an CCAB part qualified accountant or be qualified by experience with at least 2 years experience of setting and managing service charge accounts
- Understanding and experience of setting regulated and non-regulated rents and service charges.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience of service charges and rent setting in a supported housing environment (desirable)
- Previous experience of working for a Housing Association, Local Authority or supporting housing provider.
- Experience of working with housing benefit authorities to ensure approval of rent and service charges
- Strong data analysis skills
- Able to manage competing business demands and prioritise business objectives
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.