Continuous Improvement Champion (2 positions)Location Watford, some UK wide travel is required depending on projectsSalary £32,300 £37,800 per annum Up to 7 weeks paid holiday...
Location - Watford, Hertfordshire
Permanent - Full-Time
Salary - £25,300 - £31,300 per annum DOE
- Up to 7 weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 35 hour working week
Action for Children
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, through our professional and committed workforce of c.4300.
We currently have a number of roles available within the finance team as Finance Officer's. These roles will see you ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, according to the plan set by the Finance Manager, utilizing the agreed standards and controls established to apply across the charity.
- Adhering to process and control framework for AP, AR and credit control which aligns with Action for Children's strategic objectives
- Progressing payment for supplier invoices (non‐Children's Services); volunteer payments; consolidated billing; payment runs and Accounts Receivable, running AIM invoices; allocating cash received through VoIuntary Income and Services
- Responding to queries, adhering to and meeting deadlines KPI's and SLAs.
- Supporting the development, implementation and enhancement of relevant systems and processes to ensure that these are consistent with our strategic objectives. Such systems must include a mix of training, audits, self‐checks and blended learning methods which support organisational efficiency
- Supporting the collection, input, analysis and presentation of financial data for financial reporting
- Performing monthly procedures as required including running, reviewing and issuing financial reports, also to support internal and external audit purposes
- Supporting the development, implementation and review of standard reporting, to enable senior management and Trustees to monitor organisational performance against key performance indicators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, helpdesk and cash allocation processes and procedures
- Continuous improvement experience including process improvement, re‐engineering and team‐based problem solving.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Strong excel skills, including v‐lookups, pivots
- Willing to cross skill and flex as required between the different tasks within the team
*The closing date for applications is 18th March and interviews will be held on Monday 25th March in Watford*
Please refer to the full job description and person specification for further information.
We offer a highly competitive salary, with a minimum of 7 weeks leave (i.e. 29 days' plus bank holidays), an excellent company pension scheme, regular and supportive supervision, season ticket travel loan facility, interest free Development Loans and discounts at major high street retailers. Plus, there are a lot more besides.
For further details please contact Saima Khan quoting 1560 on email@example.com
We look forward to your application.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.