Employment Facilitator Location: Edinburgh Glasgow AyrshireHours: Full-Time (working 37 hours a week) on a fixed term contract until March 2020Salary: Circa £20,100 per annumPosts are...
Young Person's Practitioner
Salary: Circa 20,100
Hours: Full - Time 37 hours / Part Time 22.5 hours
Location: North Lanarkshire - Motherwell.
What is the role?
North Lanarkshire Young Carers Service supports young carers aged 8 - 18.
We raise awareness, identify and provide direct support to children and young people who look after or help to look after someone in their family who is unwell or disabled, including children caring for parents who have mental health or substance misuse problems.
The direct support we provide includes;
- Young carers needs assessment; ( Young Carers Statements)
- Personal support, advice and guidance;
- Individual and group support;
- Trips and activities during school holidays;
- Help to access specialist services;
- Help to access universal services such as leisure and youth services
How you will make a difference?
- By delivering a high quality service to children, young people and their families, based on an assessment of need and is outcomes driven.
- By demonstrating an understanding of the issues faced by young carers
- By working as part of a team or a wider multi-disciplinary setting.
- By demonstrating the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- By supporting and understanding transitions for children and young people.
- By understanding and reflecting in daily practice and outcome focussed approach to working with children and young people.
- By engaging with young people and their families within the realms of confidentiality.
- By helping children and young people better understand their own behaviours and emotions whilst building positive relationships.
What you will need?
- SVQ 3 in health and social care or equivalent
- Registration with the SSSC or on appointment to the role be willing to apply for registration.
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and young people.
- Working with children and young adults in a community setting.
- Knowledge on the carers act would be advantageous
- A full driving licence is essential for this post.
What are the rewards?
- Minimum 29 days' holiday
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
What are you waiting for? This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity. Whilst building a fulfilling and rewarding career. Apply now!
The role requires a PVG membership.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.