Finance Officer's Location Watford, HertfordshirePermanent Full-Time Salary £25,300 £31,300 per annum DOEUp to 7 weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays)Competitive salary and benefits35 hour...
Continuous Improvement Champion (2 positions)
Location - Watford, some UK wide travel is required depending on projects
Salary - £32,300 - £37,800 per annum
- Up to 7 weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 35 hour working week
We offer a highly competitive salary, with a minimum of 7 weeks leave (i.e. 29 days' plus bank holidays), an excellent company pension scheme, regular and supportive supervision, season ticket travel loan facility, interest free Development Loans and discounts at major high street retailers. Plus, there are a lot more besides.
Action for Children
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, through our professional and committed workforce of c.4300.
This role will see you delivering strategic improvements across the organisation. Supporting the continuous improvement culture and employing the associated methodologies including Lean, Operating Model Design and Team Based Problem Solving. Supporting the Continuous Manager in ensuring that the organisation has a central point with an understanding of all change activity currently underway and planned. Making sure that the activities serve to deliver strategic objectives.
The role will see you?
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders to implement a continuous improvement strategy including sustainability and benefit management
- Taking responsibility for delivering the required outcomes on time and budget
- Supporting the Continuous Manager to identify and prioritise future areas/opportunities for organisational improvement to deliver the strategic plan
- Supporting an external network of improvement professionals to ensure that methods and practices are current and industry progress and innovation is understood and applied where appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for developing capability in the core continuous improvement tools and techniques utilised across the organisation
- Providing coaching and mentoring to staff assigned to support the delivery of the job purpose
- Providing experience and expertise on improvement delivery across the organisation
- A recognised professional qualification in Lean methodology or suitable equivalent at a minimum of Practitioner level is preferable
- Previous experience of project/improvement delivery
- Experience in coaching staff and delivering training
- People management experience is preferable
- Stakeholder management experience is required
- Experience in benefit management & benefit delivery
- Leading improvement projects
Please note you will be required to complete the LEAN Practitioner certificate if you are appointed to the role.
*Interviews will be held between 10th and 12th April*
Please refer to the full job description and person specification for further information.
For further details please contact Moni Ali quoting 1609 on 077417 42249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.