A career that's life-changingAdoption Social WorkerLocation: MidlandsHours: Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week)Salary: Circa £31,000 per annum Are you a social worker looking to expand...
A career that's life-changing
Family Support Practitioner
Location - Sandwell, West Midlands
Salary - £20,100 fixed term until March 31st March
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
The Family Offer began in 2017 where Action for Children were commissioned by the Local Authority to provide a variety of services based at children's centres in four towns of Sandwell. The Family Support element of the services aims to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families who have multiple and complex needs.
The Family Support Practitioner will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works with families to support and enable positive change and to improve outcomes.
An assessment of need will be undertaken to identify needs, strengths and challenges that each family faces. The interventions will involve advice, guidance, parenting support, 1:1 work with children and families and liaising with partner agencies. The post holder will carry out assessments, planned support and reviews, and will support families to overcome barriers. Working as part of a team, you will attend meetings and work alongside partner agencies, advocating on behalf of children and families.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By providing direct support to parents and families with children on a care plan
- By working collaboratively with families to achieve positive outcomes
- By listening to children, young people and families
- By working in an integrated way as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team
- NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent and/or relevant experience
- Experience of working with vulnerable families and complex cases
- Previous family support work experience
- Knowledge and experience of implementing methods of assessment and intervention
- Understanding of safeguarding
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through presentations
- Experience of chairing meetings
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of developing multidisciplinary support plans
- Driving licence and access to a car preferable
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
If you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website which should only take around 5 minutes to complete. Please have your CV handy to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.