A career that's life-changing
Location - Inverness
Salary - £16,400 - (pro rata 17.5hrs per week)
Are you a naturally empathetic, focused and passionate about changing the lives of children and their families throughout Scotland for the better? We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Inverness area. This is an exciting and rewarding role with the opportunity to make a huge personal impact.
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 301,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
By delivering an effective, efficient, administrative service that is flexible to meet the needs of operational teams, enabling the service to achieve agreed objectives.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By providing a range of administrative and front of house services utilising organisational policies, procedures and systems.
- By providing written and verbal correspondence in collaboration with management and operational colleagues, ensuring quick, polite and appropriate responses.
- By producing presentations, written and financial reports for management, including formatting of information and data, which is consistent with organisational and regulatory guidelines.
- By maintaining and supporting the development of MI systems enabling the extraction, tracking and presentation of accurate data. Responsible for the quality of data inputted and contribute to continuous improvement strategies.
- By utilising Action for Children's and other organisations operating frameworks and systems to input and source information. To prepare reports, as directed by management or colleagues.
- By contributing to finance reporting, referring to budget and financial reports using Action for Children systems.
- You will be a strong communicator with experience or a desire to work in the 3rd
- An SVQ Level 2 in Administration OR 2 years Administration experience.
- Organised and have the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Previous exposure to financial administrative tasks including but not exclusive to invoices and processing invoices for payment.
- Responsible for document management
- Responsible for travel management
- You will be able to confidently minute take for fostering panels
- A high understanding of Microsoft package specifically Word and Excel
You will be committed to Action for Children's defining statement, "keeping the child at the centre," and promoting our participation standards in your work.
When you join Action for Children, you will be joining a collaborative, diverse and supportive team of like-minded-individuals, every one of them as passionate as you are. We want all of our employees to feel valued and well rewarded for the vital work they do.
When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts:
- By paying you a competitive salary and a generous paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- By supporting you and welcoming new additions to your family - flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- By giving you a pension - we have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions which includes a death in service benefit.
- By providing excellent learning and development opportunities and all the support you need to thrive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful long term career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.