Employment Facilitator Location: GlasgowHours: Full-Time (working 37 hours a week) on a fixed term contract until March 2020Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum How Action for...
Fostering Social Worker Location: Devon and Cornwall - travel will be required and some flexible home working Salary: circa £32,300 per annum Job type: Permanent, Full-Time, 37 hours a week
How we work:
Today 1 in 4 children in the UK live in poverty. 1 in 20 children suffer neglect or abuse. And too many children are disadvantaged because of disability. Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
We seek a motivated Fostering Social Worker with the ability to apply and work to our child centred values, in a challenging but rewarding fostering service judged Outstanding by Ofsted (2018), based at our Exeter office, covering the South West Peninsula.
As the Fostering Social Worker you will train and support Foster Carers to provide stable family homes to young people who have survived trauma so a therapeutic approach is a vital part of our work. You will also work imaginatively and energetically with professionals in schools, local authorities and others to ensure children's voices are heard and their best possible outcomes achieved.
- By supporting carers with the daily and hourly challenges and rewards of caring for troubled young people and children.
- By delivering excellent, evidence-informed and therapeutic practice as a member of a skilled and motivated team.
- By participating in a culture of learning and continuing professional development for carers and staff.
What you'll need:
- A social work qualification.
- HCPC registration.
- Knowledge and experience of fostering or strong transferable skills.
- Commitment to our child centred values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) therapeutic approaches to care.
- Willingness to work flexibly including participation in an out-of-hours telephone support rota for carers.
- Ability to complete work to timescales.
- Strong teamwork.
- Ability to offer some evening and weekend work (e.g. information events or training).
- Current driving license and access to a vehicle
How we reward you:
In return we'll offer you the rewards of a competitive salary and benefits package, ongoing continuous professional development, and participation in a motivated, therapeutically-led service.
You may be required to join the DBS update service as part of your role, this will be discussed with you at your interview if necessary and incurred costs of doing this will be picked up by us.
- Competitive salary
- Paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days plus public/bank holidays
- We support you and welcoming new additions to your family - flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions which includes a death in service benefit.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 16th May 2019.
Want to join our team and really make a difference? Then please contact Josh on 07834 908806 on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference 1766 for more information.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.