Our client is looking for a management accountant until the end of May. This is a leading and well known organisation where you can add...
Airport Baggage Handler/Ground Operations Agent
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a world-class airline with fantastic development opportunities? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment?
British Airways are recruiting Airport Baggage Handlers to process and deliver customer's baggage to and from the aircraft. Every week, we move over 200,000 passenger bags swiftly, smoothly and safely from A to B. It's the crucial, unseen operation around which every journey revolves. Whether you're new to aviation or come to us with experience, you need to be resilient, passionate about delivering a safe, customer-focused service and enjoy both indoor and outdoor shift work.
As an Airport Baggage Handler, you will:
- Load and unload baggage in a safe and timely manner.
- Drive, park and score operational vehicles, equipment and containers.
- Operate aircraft loading systems, allocation devices and terminal baggage systems.
- A full UK category B driving licence for a manual vehicle, with a minimum 12 months' driving experience and no more than 3 penalty points
- A responsible attitude towards safety in a busy industrial environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
You will also need to be capable of repeated heavy lifting, resilient in the face of difficulty and always thinking constructively to find solutions.
Working early, day or late shifts covering 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, you'll be proactive and flexible in supporting your team to accomplish tasks.
- Discounted worldwide travel.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounts on many brand names and membership to BA clubs and onsite gyms.
- Subsidised food and drink.
- Dental treatment.
- Access to a free, confidential 24-hour helpline that gives you access to personal, financial, health and other advice.
Our top priority is the safety and security of our customers and colleagues. Due to airport security, we have to make sure all candidates meet our strict referencing criteria. We'll be here to guide and support you throughout the entire referencing process.
We are committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
If you'd like to find out more:
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for your career aspirations and your skillset matches what we're looking for, we'd really like to hear from you. Please apply online today or get in touch with us to find out more. We look forward to receiving your application.
Ref - BA2732
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.