Project Engineer,Permanent,£30,000-£38,000+benefits,Royston Hertfordshire,Guidant Group currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our clients production facilities to lead and manage projects and...
Manufacturing Engineer; Royston, Hertfordshire; Permanent role; Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
Our client, a large international and world leading company in catalyst converters and automotive pollution control are currently recruiting an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to lead improvement initiatives and supporting complex problem solving within the Value Stream. You will facilitate the success of new Product, Process and Equipment Introduction by working closely with the Project Engineering function, representing the Value Stream needs and accepting and verifying projects. Due to the secure nature of the site you will need to provide five years of work references and undertake a credit check.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Process, or Manufacturing engineering preferred or relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Ideally have TPM implementation experience and knowledge of PFMEA.
- Experience of Value Stream Mapping.
- Experience and understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Kaizen.
- An understanding of Project Management techniques would be desirable.
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.
- Strong problem solving skills, an ability to drive change and an excellent ability to plan and organise work.
- A focus on continued self-development and motivation to apply learnings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with multi-disciplined teams.
For further information on the client and specific project, please submit your CV to Shanila.Fernando@guidantgroup.com or contact Shanila Fernando on 01763254850.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.