Marketing Manager (chemical/scientific/engineering)Contract 13 months Royston 45-50kMain duties-To maintain and execute a marketing strategy that effectively communicates to the business and to customers, develops new...
L&D specialist (learning and development)
Perm - Royston
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Learning & Development Specialist to support development of on-site trainers and assessors in operational and support areas.
The successful candidate will monitor and support the delivery and assessment of high quality on the job training within our operational areas.
Working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, you will gain an understanding of each department's requirements and quickly identify their learning needs, ensuring this is aligned with the overall company strategy.
- Advise area managers on identification of learning and development needs for their teams to align with site priorities
- Deliver "train the trainer" training for those delivering on-the-job training in departments
- Train "on-the-job" assessors to ensure high quality and accurate competency assessments are being carried out
- Audit "on-the-job" assessors" to ensure that the high quality of competency assessments is maintained
- With the support of our technical experts' design, create and deliver training to give our operators a basic understanding of chemistry and metallurgy
- Work with engineering to deliver training on basic asset care to operators
- With the support of our Process Safety team design, create and deliver training on chemical reaction hazards
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Recognised qualification or equivalent in Learning and Development e.g. CIPD, LPI
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar would be an advantage
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of assessment of competency
- Experience of working in a high hazard industrial environment
- Proven track record in delivering effective, interactive technical training to large audiences
- Excellent delivery, presentation, facilitation and classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Customer-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Successful candidate will be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites as and when required.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.