Control Systems Engineer Perm This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)Our client based here in Royston is a...
Monday - Thurs 07:30 - 16:15
Friday- 07:30 12:30
£31,262 per annum (Depending on experience)
Our client based here in Royston is a FTSE 100 employer, and manufacturer of specialty chemical products for various industries. The organisation truly is a leader within its respective field(s), with a long 200-year history, and operations spanning the globe. The Refining and Chemicals business recycles manufacturing residues from internal clients where that content is believed to have any Platinum Group Metals (PGM) content. Providing a PGM recycling service to external customers across a wide range of industries. We are the largest secondary refiner of PGM's in the world and a major contributor to overall provision of these precious metals to the market place.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Analyst to provide analytical support to our Noble Metals manufacturing business.
The successful candidate will be utilising a range of analytical techniques, such us ICP-OES, gravimetric chemistry, metallography, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray fluorescence and thermocouple testing and calibration.
An analyst working in Noble Metals will interface with a wide variety of people; planners/schedulers, production teams, metal controllers, research and development scientists and sales personnel. The Laboratory is centrally located, meaning staff feel very much part of the manufacturing operation and can see their efforts directly impacting on the products going out of the door.
Key Responsibilties -
- Analysing samples submitted to the laboratory in a timely manner that satisfies the laboratories relevant key performance indicators, whilst maintaining good laboratory practice
- Solid Sample ICP-OES analysis (spark ablation). This includes sample preparation
- Gravimetric analysis for proprietary alloys. This includes dissolution techniques, fusions and base metal analysis. For insoluble PGM's wet ashing, separation of Pt, Rh and Ir by mercury (1) chloride and iodide respectively
- Booking samples into the Laboratory Management System (LIMS) as required
- Preparation of samples using a variety of mechanical devices
- Use and calibration of glassware used within the Laboratory
- Analysis of effluent samples using ICP analysis
- Identify subcontract laboratories if there are limitations with in-house methods
- Round Robin exercises. This is key to ensuring the highest standards are maintained
- Maintaining Health and safety standards within the laboratory and Noble Metals Business Unit
- Analytical method development
Ideal Candidiates will have the following knowledge/skills-
A degree in Chemistry or equivalent experience is required
- Experience of working in a production laboratory environment, rather than a developmental laboratory, is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to comply with all current record keeping and data integrity requirements
- Have a practical aptitude for task execution and problem solving
- Experience of working in a high-pressure production driven environment
- Familiarity with laboratory health and safety procedures
- Excellent attention-to-detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you believe you have the skills and experience for this role then please contact Hayley Lewis at Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.