Mechanical technician Perm Day shift (no nights)NONE SMOKER We are currently recruiting for an experienced and proactive Mechanical Technician to support Operations at Royston by...
Mechanical Technician - 12 months FTC
£25,351- £30,571 - shift - 6,986 p.a
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern - 5 days (7am - 7pm) with a following 4 days off.
Efficient Natural Resources is an autonomous business, one of four Sectors, within Johnson Matthey plc with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metal value acquired and traded) and operations worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and proactive Mechanical Technician to support Operations at Royston by providing the necessary engineering skills to safely maintain all site equipment, in accordance to engineering standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing mechanical maintenance activities of the plant, therefore the ability to conduct effective diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment is required. Having previous experience in chemical process industry would be an advantage.
- To provide a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & corrective Mechanical maintenance activities
- Working with the Maintenance Team Leader to problem solve and effectively identify work priorities
- To ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
- Identify and carry out plant modification work to help enhance both plant safety and efficiency
- Cooperate with reliability Engineer to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Preferably qualified HNC, C&G, B-TECH in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience and/or qualification
- Demonstrable competence in a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines including, Pump, Vacuum and steam systems, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Plastic & glass pipework
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment
- Basic workshop skills including, fabricating, welding & machining
- Team player able to support other disciplines if required
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
- Highly organised and disciplined
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.