Control Systems Engineer Perm This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)Our client based here in Royston is a...
Control Systems Engineer
This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.
£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)
Our client based here in Royston is a FTSE 100 employer, and manufacturer of specialty chemical products for various industries. The organisation truly is a leader within its respective field(s), with a long 200-year history, and operations spanning the globe. The Refining and Chemicals business recycles manufacturing residues from internal clients where that content is believed to have any Platinum Group Metals (PGM) content. Providing a PGM recycling service to external customers across a wide range of industries. We are the largest secondary refiner of PGM's in the world and a major contributor to overall provision of these precious metals to the market place.
The Control Systems Engineer will support both the Royston and Brimsdown sites. This role deals with escalated troubleshooting and improvement of the site control systems and network. The engineer will drive through upgrades such as alarm management, manufacturing cyber security, and improved standards for graphics and reporting. The primary focus of this role is to work closely with Operations, Maintenance, and Process Safety to trouble-shoot issues and develop and implement process control and network improvement strategies across both sites.
Skills required (but not limited to)-
- Provide automation and process control support, configuration, and ongoing support for operations at the two production plants.
- Develop and implement long range plans and standards for process control improvements.
- Evaluates risks and classifies events in compliance with PSM standards.
- Develops disaster recovery plans for control systems in line with business continuity targets
- Provide process control/PLC and start-up support of facilities in order to meet production schedules and meet business needs.
- Provide assistance to area Engineers to troubleshoot process control problems.
- Develops/reviews/maintains/update related documentation, files, procedures, databases, drawings and schematics in order to ensure integrity of unit instrument and process control technologies.
- Implement Alarm management for the sites, in line with EEMUA 191.
Your normal working environment will be office based. There will be occasional visits into the shop floor environment where molten metal, explosive atmospheres and hazardous/dangerous substances as well as noise exist due to nature of process and plant.
Ideal Candidate requires-
Engineering degree or equivalent in Electrical, Control or Instrumentation
10+ years of industrial work experience ideally within a chemical industry.
Demonstrated ability to program PLC (Allen Bradley, Omron)
Experience with SCADA packages.- preferred is Wonderware
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Instrumentation & Process Control
If you believe you have the skills and experience for this role then please contact Hayley Lewis at Hayley.email@example.com or apply online
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.