Totton College is a further education provider based near Southampton offering vocational courses to school leavers and adults, covering BTECs, diplomas, NVQs and apprenticeships.
Totton College is part of Nacro, a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
The College is recruiting for a registered Nurse to support in the delivery of personal care for students with disabilities and learning difficulties..
- To lead the planning, review and delivery of personalised care plans and routines for students
- Supervise and support staff in the delivery of personal care for students with disabilities and learning difficulties, including moving and handling.
- To assist with the assessment of moving and handling students and their handling profiles.
- To develop documented clinical procedures for interventions required by students, such as gastroscopy feeding, suctioning, oxygen therapy, epilepsy and the administration of medications.
- Facilitate the college's provision of first aid and take part in the duty first aid rota.
- To facilitate health surveillance and screening requirements for students and staff.
- Take an active role in the college's Healthy College Steering Group and promote the health and wellbeing strategy to staff and learners.
Hours of work for this role are 30 hours a week, Monday - Friday Term Time Only.A DBS check will be required for this role.
The salary for this role will be £30,571 per annum pro rata for part time
What we offerPension schemeDiscount on coursesTraining and professional development opportunities A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.