Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Nacro are currently looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to join their team in Nottingham. The purpose of the role is to provide a safe and supportive environment, to single homeless Young People aged 16 and over during the evenings and overnight and manage the buildings.
This post requires regular levels of unsupervised supervision, working shifts on a rolling 3 week set rota:Monday to Friday waking nights - 9pm - 8amSaturday & Sunday sleep in shifts 5pm - 11pm then 11pm - 7am is the sleep in.Night Staff are all £17,636 per annum + £1300 unsociable hour's rate
Main Duties and responsibilities are to:
- Ensure that the premises are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness both internally and externally.
- Assist residents maintain the terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement challenging any behaviour, which constitutes a breach.
- Provide continuing support to tenants in terms of practical and domestic skills, employment and benefit issues, personal and social support networks etc. by working with other agencies and community groups.
- Maintain good neighbour relations in the area around the Project by responding to complaints promptly and challenging anti-social behaviour.
- Report emergencies to the Manager on call or other authorities as appropriate.
- Report property repairs and maintain fire and public health regulations.
- Deputise for other night workers in their absence and participate flexibly with other members of staff in a rota system to ensure cover across all services
The successful candidate will have previous experience in:
- Managing overnight security, in a residential housing project
- Working with vulnerable people.
- Monitoring CCTV systems and managing health and safety issues.
A DBS check will be required for this role
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.