Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales...
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Nacro to deliver Accommodation support on behalf of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex CRC in prisons throughout the Kent region, based in HMP Rochester.
The successful candidate will be based within prison and will deliver information, advice and guidance with regards to accommodation to offenders in both a 1:1 and group setting.
Duties & Responsibilities are not limited to but include:
- Support a case load of service users who have offended, through the provision of one to one and group work delivery, to develop skills to support their resettlement.
- Deliver information, advice and guidance in Accommodation in order to support offenders to ensure that they have somewhere safe and secure to go upon release from custody
- Liaise with partner agencies/ colleagues within the region to promote the available service to their cases and effective liaison regarding cases.
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user, including any risks, or his/her needs and requirements in respect of the service on offer.
- Design and deliver an effective programme and support plan with the service user using specialist agencies as applicable.
- Risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities/engagement with service users including personal safety.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced delivering on support contracts
- Familiar with the Reducing Reoffending Pathways and have specific experience of providing information, advice and guidance to offenders or ex-offenders in either Housing or homelessness.
- Experienced working within a custodial environment
- Experienced of achieving and evidencing outcomes against performance targets.
- Experienced of developing rapport with Service Users whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Experienced of using case management or custody Information Systems.
- Aware and understand of resettlement and the criminal justice system
A full drivers licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Please note that this position involves contact with serving prisoners and is subject to prison security clearance.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.