Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales...
Nacro are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Nacro Services in Chatham is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Customer Service Tutor to assist in the delivery of their Study Programme and Key Stage 3 Engagement provision. The role is for 20 hours per week spread over 2.5 days a week with the days and hours subject to negotiation.
Based at Nacro's Training Centre in Chatham, you will work with students with a variety of support needs, including those with emotional and behavioural needs, learning difficulties and those who have disengaged from mainstream education.
The purpose of the role is to prepare, plan resources and deliver City & Guilds Customer Service Qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1.
The post holder will also be required to record feedback on progress of students' achievement against targets set based including accredited qualifications and pastoral support needs. We are looking for someone who has previous experience within post-14 Education, who is pro-active, creative and can work well in a team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Vocational experience and qualified teaching qualification
- Either a Level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS or equivalent)
- Level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed) and
- GCSE English, maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at Level 2 or above)
Salary for this role will be dependent on qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.