Do you want to make a difference to young people's lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?Do you believe that mental health...
Our client is seeking to appoint a Compliance Officer with responsibility for ensuring that its properties are fully compliant at all times with relevant legislation and regulations in relation to gas, electrical, fire safety, asbestos and legionella. Essential requirements include previous experience in a similar role in the housing sector, excellent knowledge of the relevant statutory requirements and regulations and excellent communication and organisational skills.
Location is flexible, the postholder will be based in either Birmingham, Derby or Nottingham however some travel is required so a full driving licence and own transport is essential.
Successful candidates will need to have the following:
* Experience in a similar property maintenance and compliance role in the housing sector* Knowledge and experience of working in contract management and directly monitoring contractors with a strong focus around productivity, quality, health and safety compliance and cost effectiveness* Experience of organising and managing cyclical and periodic inspection programmes such as stock condition surveys, gas and electrical, inspection and servicing programmes etc.* Experience of developing policies, systems and documentation that meet compliance requirements* Experience of implementing standardised approaches/systems across a wide range of contracts* Experience of contributing to external and internal audits and inspections.Who are they?Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up. What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.