Our client is looking for a teacher of their Uniformed Public Services Course. Working in a friendly College on the edge of the New Forest...
Our client in Colchester are currently looking to recruit a Project Worker to provide housing management and resettlement support to service users. This will include the delivery of tenancy readiness training to service users in supported housing to enable them to develop the skills and confidence for moving onto sustained accommodation and maintaining independent living.
Duties will include:
- To evaluate and identify the support needs of those who will be using the service
- Create outcome focused support plans with clients
- Conduct risk assessments
- Balancing and identifying areas of risk to the individual and the community.
- Supporting clients to attain or sustain independent living in a community based setting to sustain their tenancy and successfully move on to permanent accommodation
- Working with the client and a variety of agencies to achieve these aims
The successful candidate should have:-
- Experience of working in the same or a related field and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable individuals.
- A sound understanding of housing management, welfare benefits including housing benefit and of maximising clients' income.
- Experience of property management in terms of void inspections, Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues.
- Ability to produce robust risk and needs assessments and effective action plans to ensure tenancy readiness.
This role is part time working 20 hours per week. The salary based on these hours is £10,972 per annum
A DBS check will be required for this role
Who are they?Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up.
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which our clients work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.