Our client is looking for a teacher of their Uniformed Public Services Course. Working in a friendly College on the edge of the New Forest...
Our client in Colchester is currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Project Worker to oversee a small team of Project Workers who support young single people in a supported housing environment.
This post requires a driver with access to a vehicle for work purposes as there is extensive travel involved at a local level. Candidates must have experience of working with young adults on a 121 basis and be confident to work with people independently in the community. Housing management experience desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leading on team performance improvements specifically in relation to rent arrears, voids and support outcomes.
- Assist clients to access support services in the area
- Advice and support tenants on managing their tenancy
- Undertake housing management duties which include, rent collection, recording, monitoring, and health & safety checks on the property
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user assessing their needs
- Design and deliver a support plan with actions with the service user
- Be willing to deliver group sessions to the services users
- Actively engage with service users in decisions that affect them, informing them of their procedural and representational rights
- Create Risk assessments
- Report and manage maintenance issues
- Manage a varied and complex workload
Salary for this role will be dependent on qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Who are they?Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up.
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which our clients work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.