Location: RAF Honington, Bury St. EdmundsHours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 3 hours a week but some flexibility required)Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour How Action for...
Location - York
Salary - Circa £30,000 - 35hrs per week
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
As a Senior Community Fundraiser your role will be to manage two direct reports and to implement the Community Fundraising strategy, through the delivery of tailored fundraising programmes. You will be responsible for developing new and existing relationships with individuals, community groups, faith groups and local corporates within a defined geographical region. You will be responsible for the achievement of agreed financial income and expenditure targets and relevant KPI's.
The role will involve administering and managing the necessary manual and electronic office systems and processes that will support the efficient delivery of the specialist fundraising team objectives, including accurate, timely recording and effective use of databases and recording systems
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By establishing effective relationships with donors, supporters and volunteers, always operating with openness, honesty and transparency.
- By achieving set financial targets, taking responsibility for income targets/SLAs.
- By monitoring financial income and expenditure reports, making sure we receive forecasted income.
- By identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- By working collaboratively with colleagues from Fundraising and other departments to spot and take advantage of fundraising opportunities.
- By managing the manual and electronic systems that support our fundraising, including accurate, timely recording and effective use of databases.
- The ability to work in a constantly changing environment where work priorities and targets may change.
- Ability to crisis manage as appropriate to ensure the delivery of all events and fundraising activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Proven experience of networking and of developing and stewarding excellent personal relationships with senior external and internal stakeholders, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to write compelling cases for support
- Proven experience of managing fundraisers or supervising volunteers to achieve against specific financial and non-financial goals where appropriate
- Ability to monitor income and expenditure against budget and KPIs, analyse results and make appropriate changes to ensure targets are met.
- Proficient in the use of Raiser's Edge or equivalent database.
- The ability to work with the local community: local corporates, individuals, local community groups and church partnership.
- Access to car. The role is based in York with the geographical region covered being Yorkshire and the North East.
- An understanding of all current Health and Safety legislation for events with experience in carrying out risk assessments as appropriate.
- The flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
If you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website which should only take around 5 minutes to complete. Please have your CV handy to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.