Our client is looking for a teacher of their Uniformed Public Services Course. Working in a friendly College on the edge of the New Forest...
Do you want to make a difference to young people's lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential? Do you believe that mental health issues should not be a barrier to accessing an excellent education in preparation for adult life?
Our client are currently looking to recruit for a Learning & Skills Tutor within Mathematics. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced tutor who has worked with students with special educational needs to teach qualifications and skills to young people at Bluebird House, part of our clients Secure Estates education services.
Bluebird House is a purpose-built, 20-bed NHS residential secure unit for adolescents (12-18year olds) with severe mental health problems and forms part of a specialised national network that provides care across England.It provides young people with the opportunity to access education and also focuses on their spiritual, cultural, mental and physical development within a secure, calm environment.
Education provision is currently offered for 48 weeks of the year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified Learning & Skills tutor/teacher, with a flexible approach, who can deliver a broad curriculum in sometimes challenging circumstances The ability to offer more than one subject specialism is desirable. Knowledge and experience of 14-19 Learning, particularly in secondary education is essential, as is ability to teach to GCSE level.
The purpose of the role is to implement day to day delivery of Mathematics across the unit, as well as support the delivery of Enrichment/PDL programme to all students as part of the team.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Devising and maintaining learner's individual learning plans, ensuring they reflect the needs and aspirations of learners, contain personal development and learning targets, and support learner success.
- Undertake initial assessment and skills diagnostics so as to inform learner individual learning plans
- Directly deliver relevant aspects of the education programme, including learning and skills provision, learning support, tutorials
- Undertake, and where appropriate lead, specific staff development to deliver continuous quality improvement, including professional development offered via the Skillsgate E-learning, in Mental Health, Learning Difficulties, Care, and Education
Successful candidates must have Qualified Teacher Status( QTS) or QTLS
In addition to the above, you should also hold the following:
- Level 2 English (or equivalent qualification)
- Level 2 Mathematics (or equivalent qualification)
- Level 2 ICT (or equivalent qualification)
As a Learning & Skills tutor/teacher you will actively promote equality and diversity in line with the College's Equality & Diversity Policy as well as attend any training provided for health, safety and welfare, and for personal and professional development.
Salary for this role is dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
An Enhanced DBS check required for the role.
Who are they?The College is part of a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
What they offer
- Pension scheme
- Discount on courses
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.