Control Systems Engineer Perm This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)Our client based here in Royston is a...
We are looking for a highly skilled Electrical Engineer to ensure Brimsdown site meets all our Electrical statutory inspections and maintenance requirements.
The successful candidate will provide technical expertise in Electrical Engineering across Brimsdown. Support the continual review of the electrical power distribution strategy to ensure current and future business needs are met. You will play a leading role in our sustainability program through different methods of power generation and utilisation as well as contributing to an overall reduction in our energy costs.
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture and ensure adherence to the clients needs
- Ensure contractors are properly managed and that they conform to all policies
- Adopt a hygienic approach to work in line with the company focus on reducing Platinum Salt Sensitisation
- Ensure Electrical compliance is achieved through adherence with all legislative requirements surrounding statutory inspections and ensure remedial actions are closed out promptly
- Ensure any electrical equipment adheres to DSEAR regulations and oversee the implementation of a regular testing and inspection schedule within Hazardous areas
- Regularly review and suggest improvements to Electrical safe systems of work within the business
- Ensure business is supported 24/7 in all H.V/L.V related maintenance needs
- Act as / or work towards Senior authorised person SAP status for Brimsdown site
- Ensure Maintenance plans are in place to for all H.V and L.V distribution equipment
- Identify training needs for on-site teams and establish training packages to work with and support our H.V and L.V distribution networks
- To monitor energy usage within the business and suggest improvements to help contribute towards the clients 2017 sustainability vision
- Provide appropriate support and training to the maintenance team members
- Ensure that all relevant departmental administration such as inspection reports & recommendations are kept updated and are accessible to all engineering management team members
- Take ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development
- Actively participate in company communications including Toolbox Talks, Safety Flashes, Emails, monthly business updates
- Ensure that the Maintenance teams are working to and delivering the required standards of electrical work
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- An electrical based qualification to Degree/HNC level or equivalent
- Past experience HV Networks would be an advantage
- Electrical experience in a manufacturing / chemical industry within a maintenance function
- Experience of safety related control systems and functional safety
- Experience in alarm management
- Management of 3rd party contractors
- Experience of HSE frameworks to at least IOSH level
- Understanding of DSEAR / ATEX regulations
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.