Our client is looking for a teacher of their Uniformed Public Services Course. Working in a friendly College on the edge of the New Forest...
Our client, a well known college in Southampton, are currently looking to recruit a Motor Vehicle Tutor at their purpose built off site workshop at Trinity Court.
Successful candidates will need to have experience of working with a learners diverse needs. You will be responsible for teaching Levels 1, 2 and 3 on IMI qualifications.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and deliver outstanding teaching practice to ensure student success
- To be flexible in supporting the enrolment of students on to courses
- The ability to use information technology to benefit the teaching and learning experience of students at all levels.
- To ensure that students are taught effectively and encouraged to succeed, using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Undertake the related curriculum development and evaluation, student assessment and progress, record keeping, liaison with other tutors, etc.
- Oversee the guidance, selection, admission, induction, welfare and conduct of students, and the related formal student procedures.
- Implement the college teaching and learning strategy
This is a part time role working 18 hours per week. The salary for this role will be £10,857-£15,699 per annum depending on qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Who are they?The College is a further education provider based near Southampton offering vocational courses to school leavers and adults, covering BTECs, diplomas, NVQs and apprenticeships.
They are part of a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up.
What they offer
- Pension scheme
- Discount on courses
- Training and professional development opportunities
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.