Our client is looking for a teacher of their Uniformed Public Services Course. Working in a friendly College on the edge of the New Forest...
Our client in Teesside are currently looking for a full time female Tenancy Support Officer to assist in the delivery of their service. The successful candidate will be supporting clients to sustain tenancy and to move on into independent accommodation.
Duties & responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Engage with referral agencies to generate referrals for the service
- To undertake all appropriate assessments for all potential and actual residents and to review and update these as required.
- To complete all documentation including tenure agreements, property inventory, disclosure forms and an application for housing benefit with residents to support and sustain a successful tenancy.
- Maximise rent collection, ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained, taking a pro-active approach to ensure properties are re-let as soon as possible in line with targets.
A DBS Check will be required for this role. Successful candidates will need to have a full driving licence and access to own transport
This role is subject to a (GOR) Genuine Occupational Requirement for the role to be applicable to females only due to the work being dedicated to working with vulnerable females and families, many of which have been victims of crime or domestic violence.
Who are they? Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up.
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.