Control Systems Engineer Perm This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)Our client based here in Royston is a...
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Production Operator who will join our Noble Metals team based in Royston.
The incumbent will be responsible for operation and maintenance the various processes in a safe and proper manner as directed by the Team Leader.
- Adopting a safe working practice by adhering to risk assessments, identifying areas for H&S improvement and reporting all injuries, near misses and learning events
- Responsibility for the manufacture of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) based alloys for a variety of applications, utilising various cold and hot working processes to process PGM material into wire, cloth, sheet, tube, fabricated and slug form
- Within the relevant department you will be trained to, and can be expected to work in any of the three streams listed below:
- The MRP department, where feedstock material and customer parts are prepared in the form of ingots, sheet metal and tubes
- The Wire stream, where ingots are converted into wire. These wires can then be used to knit or weave cloths, assemble thermocouples or the wire can be sold as is for a variety of different industries
- The Iridium stream which is dedicated to manufacturing products out of iridium and iridium alloys
- Auxiliary responsibilities can include, but are not limited to: inspecting of parts, giving input to and creating documented procedures and improvement activities such as 5S
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- A science or technical GCSE or equivalent would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ideally candidates will have experience of working in a light engineering, production or manual assembling environment
- Experience with wire products or textiles would be advantageous
- Reasonable IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Good vision, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination with the ability to make smooth, precise manual manipulations
- The ability to use and manipulate numbers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
You will be required to work in a hot environment where there will be heavy lifting involved.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.