Control Systems Engineer Perm This will be travel between Brimsdown and Royston.£45-50k per annum (Depending on experience)Our client based here in Royston is a...
Vacancy: Research Group Leader - Additive Manufacturing
We are currently looking for a Research Group Leader to head a Research & Development team on Additive Manufacturing oriented projects. The role will require the successful candidate to focus on the innovation, identification, development, testing and pre-production of potential new products and technologies through innovative use of materials and processes. As such, this requires you to be the technical leading subject matter expert in the technology.
The role requires a significant breadth of skills in assistance in the grass roots development of the technology in the commercial and operational functions, in addition to an expectation to manage a multi-disciplinary team comprised of scientists, engineers and technicians.Key responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the EHS standards of the Ceramic AM laboratory are maintained in accordance with site requirements and best practice.
- Responsible for leading the Ceramic AM programme, including managing the portfolio of NPI and non NPI projects.
- Responsible for reporting on the programme at regular technical review meetings, NPI meetings and in monthly written reports.
- Leads a multidisciplinary team, comprised of engineers, material scientists and technicians.
- Acts as technical subject matter expert in the company and externally in the field of Ceramic AM, and is a grounded expert in other AM techniques and materials.
- Manages Invention Disclosure Forms (IDF) related to all aspects of AM and helps the patent attorney coordinate the submission of AM related patent applications.
- Coordinates the technical development plan related to printing and coating media
- Ensures maintenance cycles of key equipment are kept
- Acts as the technical presence at customer sites, conferences, forums and trade fairs.
- Is the main technical point of contact to consult on issues arising from production plant commissioning.
- Is focal point for all collaboration with other parts of the client.
You will have:
- Degree in Material Science or related subject or equivalent experience
- PhD in related field to ceramics, material science, additive manufacturing or equivalent industrial experience
- Ability to project manage innovation projects to ensure their delivery or fast failure
- Ability to adapt presenting style for a range of technical experiences for internal and external audiences
- Ability to build a successful team and to lead them by example
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships
- Skilled and confident communication capabilities
- Strong Health & Safety Awareness
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.