Security Guard PermShift work days and nights basis £19,090 plus shift allowance of £12,443 plus safety allowance Job role-To provide Security to the site by...
Shift work - days and nights
basis - £19,090 plus shift allowance of £12,443 plus safety allowance
To provide Security to the site by internal and external patrolling, access and egress control, and other duties that exceed customer requirements and comply with Security Procedures.
Other duties -
- Reception of visitors and/or contractors, including the escort of visitors if required
- Control of movements on and off site using access control and NOVA system
- Searching of people, vehicles and the site
- Patrolling and monitoring all areas routinely to ensure that safety and security needs are met, ensuring emergency escape routes are kept free from obstruction and undertaking fire prevention patrols
- Monitoring and witnessing the protective security systems and processes - namely alarms, CCTV systems and other computerised equipment - responding and taking appropriate action where necessary, establishing case of fire alarm activations and report details
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture and ensure adherence to the clients policies (including HR/EHS/Security), recording and reporting to Manager all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices.
- Actively participate in company communications including Toolbox Talks, Safety Flashes, Emails, monthly business updates.
- Support and contribute to individual and team projects including supporting Lean activities such as 5S
- Provide First Aid support across the site
- Inform the Manager of any difficulties encountered in carrying out the above - to enable appropriate resolution of difficulties either by self and/or higher management
- Carry out all relevant duties in a professional and confidential manner whilst maintaining high standards of integrity and discipline at all times; provide flexibility and additional cover as required
- Carry out any other duties as required by the relevant manager
Desirable skills -
GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English
National Vocational Qualification in Level 2/3 in Providing Security Services. If you do not hold these qualifications you will be expected to study for and obtain them.
Basic IT skills as you will be required to operate IT based systems and compile incident logs and reports
Experience as a uniformed security officer
First Aid trained
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.