Guidant Group are recruiting for Production Operatives to work within a leading manufacturing company, based in Royston. This is an ongoing temporary role, with...
Maintenance Team Leader - NON SMOKER
perm - Brimsdown
shift work - nights and days- There is a requirement to work a 12-hour day shift pattern (including weekends) on a rotation of 5 days on followed by 4 days off in rotation.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to provide technical leadership to a team of multi-skilled Technicians engaged in undertaking the repair, maintenance and installation of machines and equipment used throughout our Brimsdown plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safety of the team and ensuring safety and quality standards are met and adhered to, as well as driving a proactive EHS culture focused on zero harm.
- Ensuring all safe systems of work are complied with by the team at all times and that effective checks and controls are in place and maintained
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of all near misses and incidents upwards to the Maintenance Manager with the aim of preventing reoccurrence
- Accountable for delivery and adherence to the maintenance plan and associated priorities, ensuring that the maintenance team delivers the required maintenance input
- Co-ordinating the team to ensure that maintenance technicians have the necessary competence, knowledge, skills and equipment to support the needs of the operation
- Establish, record and report against KPI's and monitor the performance of all maintenance activities against these goals
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing training competency and development plans to support learning and development of the shift team
- Driving "Lean" initiatives in the department
- Initiating and supporting continuous improvement projects
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Experience of successfully leading a team in a maintenance environment
- Ideally hold a formal qualification in Engineering such as HNC/HND or equivalent recognised training
- Extensive knowledge of engineering skills and maintenance
- Experience of LEAN manufacturing methodology, including problem solving tools such as root cause analysis
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of hazardous signage
- COSHH/chemical, PUWER and environment awareness
- Demonstrable understanding of EHS management principles
- Experience of supervising/management of small teams
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least three months.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.