Production Controller Perm RoystonNon Smoker We are looking for an experienced Production Controller to provide outstanding service and supply chain expertise.The main focus of the...
Production Planner- Metal
We are currently recruiting for a Production Planner to provide outstanding service and supply chain expertise for the high variety, low volume operations within the Noble Metals business. The successful candidate will be focussed on developing a clear understanding of the Gauze and Tube department production processes and driving an efficient and effective flow of materials through their manufacturing process with the aim of reducing Precious Metal inventory.
This is a hands-on role which will require the incumbent to ensure that planning, control and administrative activities are fulfilled in a timely manner whilst creating realistic and achievable production plans.
- Support EHS principles to ensure that EHS is given top priority and good practice is followed at all times
- Develop a strong insight and understanding of the manufacturing processes and how these link to the other departments in the factory
- Review, analyse and interpret production data, using this to set the production schedule and anticipate any problems with the flow of materials
- Working with complex production processes, use data analysis techniques to reduce Precious Metal inventory levels and ensure production schedules are designed and delivered to meet customer specifications
- Operate and maintain efficient supply chain administration processes, including order of materials, in addition to managing the intake and flow of material within the production cycle
- Working closely with the manufacturing team to develop a robust production plan focused on a continuous flow of Precious Metal, ensuring compliance and execution of the plan
- Accountable for collation, analysis and presentation of KPI's to drive improvement and delivery.
- Manage communication with the Sales team, focused on developing and maintaining production scheduling processes to ensure production schedules are fully met and that customer requirements are communicated, displayed and tracked
- Develop and maintain Standard Work and Standard Operations for the planning operations
- Work with other members of the supply chain and management team to identify opportunities for process improvement
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
- High level of numeracy; working with systems and data, SPC control and statistical understanding would be advantageous
- Significant IT skills, ideally with capability for basic programming and creation of macros
- Knowledge of theory of manufacturing planning and Supply Chain techniques
- Understanding of importance of inventory control
- Resilience to work under pressure to find innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to build strong working relationships with rest of team and other department key contacts
- Strong communication skills
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.