Production Planner- MetalRoyston We are currently recruiting for a Production Planner to provide outstanding service and supply chain expertise for the high variety, low...
Perm - Royston
We are looking for an experienced Production Controller to provide outstanding service and supply chain expertise.
The main focus of the role is to develop a clear understanding of the production process, to drive an efficient and effective flow of materials through the refining process, with the aim of satisfying customer requirements, controlling inventory and reducing the backlog position.
- Support EHS principles in order to ensure that EHS is given top priority and good practice is followed
- Develop a strong insight and understanding of the Refining process, specifically within the PGM Refinery
- Review, analyse and interpret production data, using this to set the production schedule and anticipate any problems with the flow of materials
- Working with complex production processes, use data analysis techniques to reduce Precious Metal inventory levels and ensure production schedules are designed and delivered to meet customer specifications
- Operate and maintain efficient supply chain administration processes, including order of materials & reagents in addition to managing the intake and flow of material within the PGMR production cycle
- Working closely with the manufacturing team to develop a robust production plan
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams
- Support management of the S&OP process - working with cross functional team members to analyse and critique the demand plan, analyse and track demonstrated capacity, and prepare and present the Supply S&OP and the Metal backlogs analysis
- Manage the collation, analysis and presentation of all Supply Chain & Production data
- Support the Senior Production Controller with the development and delivery of the daily management cycle
- Manage Inventory, understand the inventory profile and identify slow moving inventory
- Become a CRS super user and local expert
- Develop and maintain Standard Work and Standard operations for the production control operations
- Support LEAN implementation in the operational area to deliver improvements in culture and measurable financial and efficiency benefits
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- A passion for Information technology and ability to learn (extensive training will be provided)
- Experience in a Production Control/Supply Chain role would be a help
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- High attention to detail with organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other functional teams
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.