Permit to work Issuer perm Enfield Brimsdown 36-37k with benefits Vacancy: Permit to Work IssuerLocation: BrimsdownWe are currently recruiting for a Permit to Work Issuer...
Technical chemist - perm
Salary: £30-40 per annum
Working Hours 37.5 per week
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Development Chemist and Process Engineer to join our Research & Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the concept, trial, design, installation and commissioning of improvement projects, asset replacement and new processes. There is also a responsibility to provide technical expertise and support to the PGMR, VRP and Effluent production plants including hydrometallurgical and calcination processes.
The role requires the incumbent to have excellent communication skills to work in a multi-disciplined team, as well as the ability to analyse data proficiently, display findings effectively and complete coherent reports.
- Promote high environmental, health and safety standards and behaviours for yourself and your co-workers
- Develop and improve hydrometallurgical, thermal and concentration processes in conjunction with production, customers, external technology suppliers, JMTC and other members of the technical team
- Undertake bench, pilot and plant scale experimental work
- Provide process expertise to enable HAZOP studies to be carried out on new process plants and Process Hazard Reviews on existing operations
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments (Risk, COSHH, Manual Handling, etc) for the development work
- Participate in root cause analysis of incidents that occur within the PGMR, VRP and effluent plants on the Royston site
- Assist the Capital Projects team by providing technical expertise including developing process flow diagrams, conducting trials on new equipment and collecting data for design
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- First degree in Chemistry or Process Engineering (or similar) based subject
- Substantial experience within process development or relevant operations experience would be advantageous but not essential
- High level of numeracy working with systems and data
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis
- An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Strong health and safety awareness
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.