Quality Improvement team leader 40 -42k perm Royston We are currently recruiting for a Quality Improvement Leader to join our Quality team in Royston. The...
Quality Improvement team leader
perm - Royston
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Improvement Leader to join our Quality team in Royston. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Lean Six Sigma methodology into Noble Metals, creating a culture of problem solving using a defined and proven approach.
The role will require the incumbent to lead improvement projects and provide leadership and guidance to develop and upgrade Quality Plans and FMEAs as well as carry out internal audits on production processes and products.
- Develop a Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) implementation strategy and implement methodology
- Align Integrated Problem Solving (IPS/4CP) with Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) methodology
- Identify the opportunities to target that add value to the business
- Train staff how to use and implement LEAN Six Sigma/DMAIC/IPS tools and techniques, creating a positive culture and ensuring compliance
- Upskill the workforce by supporting / training in root cause and problem-solving methodologies
- Lead improvement projects focusing on improving product yields, reducing customer complaints, increasing revenues, reducing lead times, reducing the COPQ and improving systems and ways of working
- Carry out internal audits ensuring compliance to ISO9001, TS16949 and ISO17025
- Carry out shop floor investigations, observing tasks within work areas whilst working closely with the related team members using root cause investigation and corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Proven quality experience, ideally as a quality manager or in an improvement lead based role
- Proven success using the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology and be qualified to at least a Green Belt level
- Worked with or in a ISO9001 environment - experience of IATF 16949 or ISO 13485 would be advantageous
- Experience of root cause investigation and corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Time served in a similar role with HND, apprenticeship or similar
- A good understanding of statistics and Lean methods
- Experience in using Minitab software and Microsoft Office suite
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.