Accounts Payable AdministratorLocation: TeessideOur Efficient Natural Resources sector have an exciting development opportunity for an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our friendly, professional Accounts Payable...
Our Efficient Natural Resources sector have an exciting development opportunity for an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our friendly, professional Accounts Payable team.
This is a great opportunity to be a member of a team that will transition into the Finance Services Organisation (Teesside) in due course as part of Global Template.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effective management of vendor invoices, employee travel expense claims and escalating issues to the Accounts Payable Team Leader when necessary.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date payables ledger which enables accurate payment of invoices and employee expense claims
- Timely processing of high volume supplier invoices to agreed payment terms by capturing supplier invoices, matching invoices with orders and checking the accuracy of the invoice content and coding
- Timely processing of employee travel expense claims
- Liaise with staff to ensure purchase orders are receipted timely
- Gain appropriate approval for payment
- Investigate invoices and expenses queries with the aim to timely resolve them to a satisfactory conclusion
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Month end activities (including reporting and accruals) and statement reconciliations
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Educated to A level or equivalent including Maths and English or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of working within a busy Finance Department with working knowledge of the accounts payable ledger
- Good understanding and working knowledge of account reconciliations, particularly vendor accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook &, SAP
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and as part of a team
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.