Mechanical Technician Perm Enfield basic £33k plus shift allowance of £12,76712 hour shifts days and nights We are currently recruiting for an experienced and proactive...
Shift- ' 4's and 5's rotating 12 hour shift pattern which includes, days only.
Salary Basic: up to £35.5k
Shift Allowance: £6,883
We are looking for an experienced Instrument Technician to join our Maintenance Team based in Brimsdown.
The successful candidate will perform tasks necessary to ensure safe, compliant and efficient operation of all primary and auxiliary production equipment and utility support systems supporting operations at Brimsdown.
The majority of the time will be spent on instrumentation tasks, including repairs, calibration and testing, but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
- Providing a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & Corrective Instrumentation maintenance activities
- Effective problem solving and electronic/electrical fault diagnosis skills, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
- Identifying and carrying out occasional plant modification work to help enhance plant safety
- Conducting Inspections, testing, calibration, adjustments and monitoring tasks as required
- Updating the CMMS with work progress and demanding spares as required for work tasks and/or to maintain critical stock levels
- Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme
- Supporting the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability
- Interpreting technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties
- Ensuring that all relevant departmental administrative requirements such as: time sheets, work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc. are completed
- Carrying out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
- Taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise
- Adherence to Life Saving Policies and Management of Change procedures
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- An instrument/control-based qualification to HNC level
- ECI experience in a manufacturing / chemical industry within a maintenance function
- General knowledge of electrical low voltage, 120 VAC, 24 VDC with a control circuit knowledge of 4 to 20 mADC input/output
- Understanding of differential pressures, vacuum measurement, flow meters and flow sensor, temperature controllers, control valves and tuning of control loop
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Have excellent fault finding, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment
- A full UK Driving Licence
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.