SAP/VIM SpecialistRoyston 3-6months £200-£250 per day Our client based in Royston, Herts is a global leader in the Chemical Manufacturing industry. The organisation is a...
27k with benefits
Royston - perm
We are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join the Finance and Accounting Team at a large manufacturing company in Royston.
The successful candidate will ensure appropriate credit limits are established, customers are kept within these limits and debts are pursued effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team worker with pro-active work attitude and focus on service delivery and strong relationships with stakeholders.
Job responsibilities -
- Support the Financial Accounting Manager's focus on Group and local control & compliance regarding the completeness and accuracy of Credit Control & Financial Reporting
- Ensure and understand there are robust and effective controls in the business to safeguard the assets of the shareholders
- Support the Financial Accounting Manager in meeting the monthly Group and local statutory reporting deadlines, routine statistical enquiries and tax compliance
- Input towards the implementation of finance and business strategies to promote sustainable year on year profitability growth
- Presiding over the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers with corporate policies and risk management strategy
- Responsible for the proactive controls to ensure the organisation is not exposed to future uncollectable debts and oversight of the debt collection process and where appropriate the collection of customer debts as they fall due
- Ensure that any overdue debts are promptly identified and collected to minimise working capital requirements
- Utilise and optimise SAP functionality to ensure collection process is effective and efficient
- Liaise with Group legal etc. for the timely recovery of unpaid debts where conventional debt collection activities have been exhausted
- Responsible for daily cash allocation to customer accounts, monthly accrual preparation and posting, preparing of key balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring appropriate supporting documentation
- Supporting the Financial Accountant in the proper maintenance and control over the variance company profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
- Responsible for developing and maintain appropriate Standard Operating and desk procedures for their respective work areas with a view to continuous process improvement
- Calculation of the provisions for doubtful debts and credit notes
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Key knowledge of Credit Management/Credit Control processes in a high controlled environment
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP) or similar systems
- Relevant experience preferably within a large multi-national organisation
- Strong background in effective controls and governance frameworks
- Understanding of good governance control mechanisms and effective process design
- An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Strong business and customer awareness
- An ability to build strong working relationships.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.