Logistics Operator/OperativeNON SMOKER 19-24k Day shifts only 37 hours per week Job purposeThe Logistics role involves the receipt and movement of all materials onto and...
TEMP - Royston
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Dispensing Operator to join our Fine Chemicals Team based in Royston.
The Dispensing Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the dispensing department & processes in a safe and proper manner, to produce outputs that meet all customer and business unit specifications.
- To dispense and label work orders using the appropriate systems to meet customer dispatch dates and deadlines
- Use and develop systems to control and manage customer orders and stock, including liaising with sales and operations to plan and prioritise work, and manage metal movement both in to and out of the department
- Ensure conformance to customer requirements, specifications and output schedules with respect to total quality in all aspects of the job
- To check and monitor the use of containers and stores, and to keep adequate stocks for the use of the department
- To help maintain a high standard of all Environmental, Health and Safety aspects around the workplace
- To be fully conversant with the processes and associated risks of the production processes, including suggesting and implementing improvements
- Promote good interpersonal relationships with other team members, management, and other departments
- Support the implementation of LEAN and Continuous Improvement initiatives in the department
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- GCSE grade C (Single Award) or equivalent in Chemistry, Math's & English or equivalent experience
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data, SPC control, statistical understanding
- Exposure to a LEAN approach to manufacturing
- An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.