Vacancy: Process Safety Engineer 12 months FTCLocation: ROYSTON AND BRIMSDOWNWe are looking for a highly skilled and professional Process Safety Engineer to join our technical...
Process safety Engineer - 12 month FTC
Royston (but will require travel to Enfield) Dual site
We are looking for a highly skilled and professional Process Safety Engineer to join our technical team.
The role is responsible for support in development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy. The successful candidate will ensure the focus and delivery of all activities regarding process safety. You will act as a technical lead in process safety and support the development of Engineering Standards.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who can influence, facilitate, and lead by taking the initiative in problem solving within a team environment. This will include collaborating across the customer base to steer process design, accommodation and process equipment towards intrinsically safe processes and operations.
- Populate register of all Process Safety related activities on site, ensuring PHRs/SILS/FMEAs are in place with associated "Basis of Safety" guidance for each process
- Maintain a "technical authority" register for Process Safety and competency against Process Safety in line with the Corporate and Divisional requirements
- Support a program of training in place for Process Safety, delivering training as and when required against set program
- Ensure that site maintains a register of "Safety Critical Devices"
- Report back against set Process Safety KPIs
- Completion of base line assessments for PUWER and corrective action plans
- Implementation of a corrective action plan for DSEAR / ATEX compliance
- Review and update of standards for purchasing equipment in relation to machine safety directive
- Devise and implement engineering standards for R&CE incorporating best practice from other sites
- Provide engineering input into capital projects
- Maintain and follow H & S, Environmental, Quality and Security Systems
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience working in a process environment (chemical / oil & gas)
- Experience in writing and implementation of new policies
- Good knowledge and understanding of DSEAR & ATEX
- Good knowledge and understanding of PUWER and/or machine safety directive
- Good knowledge and understanding of pressure relief philosophy pressure relief calculations
- Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practices and standards
- Good understanding of Hazard Study methodologies (HAZOP / LOPA etc)
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.