An exciting opportunity has come up for an international organisation for a temporary Finance Manager.Responsibility:Ensuring the general accounting processes are completed timely and accurately for...
Production Support Engineer / Scientist
We are currently looking for a Production Support Engineer/Scientist to be part of a small team of technical specialists focused on providing both reactive and proactive support to ensure the effective running of refining processes in the Platinum Group Metal Refinery in Royston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of new data collection and recording systems, and act as a point of contact on technical matters within the assigned operational area, using data to drive the decision-making process and implement improvements.
- To ensure core EHS principles are placed at the forefront of everything we do by championing safe behaviour and by challenging complacency and unsafe practises
- To lead the development and management of new and existing data collection and recording databases, proactively monitoring plant performance (e.g. OEE, throughput, yields, etc.)
- To lead and participate in the escalation of key issues, presenting problem statements and documentation, as well as appropriate proposals for resolution and progress
- Act as a conduit for the transfer of Best Practice in the field of Production Analytics in and out of R&CE Operations by developing and collaborating with other Global Refining Operations within JM
- Use knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualisation packages (e.g. JMP, Minitab, Tableau, etc.) to provide robust data driven solutions to technical problems, and to communicate these findings in a form appropriate for a non-technical audience
- Use problem solving methodology/principles to establish root causes of issues and identify appropriate solutions within the existing operations, (e.g. CCC-strips, 8D, RCA, Six sigma)
- Contribute in the creation and execution of proactive Process Confirmation through audits and other shop-floor based methods
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports for the Technical Production Support Coordinator and Production managers, as required
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree level in a STEM discipline
- Experience with data collection, visualisation and statistical analysis packages
- An applied/working knowledge of databases and database construction (Access/Excel VBA, SQL) would be benefitial
- Experience of structured problem-solving tools and techniques
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data
- High level of self-motivation with good time management and ability to work, and deliver, in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Able to build strategic, cross-functional working relationships
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.